POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : PNG_Image class problems : PNG_Image class problems Server Time
8 Jul 2024 18:53:56 EDT (-0400)
  PNG_Image class problems
From: Matthew Grove
Date: 28 Dec 2002 05:42:26
Message: <3e0d8012$1@news.povray.org>
Hi folks, has anyone out there had problems with the PNG_Image class? I
notice that the class contains a number of static variables, and also
accesses a number of local static variables in png_pov.cpp. At a glance
it looks like it would break if several different files were open
concurrently.
My initial fix was to put all these variables inside the class and make
them non-static. This works great for writing to multiple files, but
breaks the continue trace ability (png_ptr seems to persist between READ
and APPEND?). I'm guessing that a chunk of initialisation code from the
READ case put into the APPEND case would fix the problem, but I would
rather not guess.
I found a thread from many months ago discussing similar problems with
PNG and continue trace, but there did not seem to be any answers. This
isn't vital to my current project(pvmpov_3_5), but just annoying - I only
discovered it when I forgot the +ft while continuing an animation.

Thanks, Matthew.